Do You Need a Substance Abuse Treatment Program?
Especially for those who struggle with an addiction to alcohol or prescription medication, it can be difficult to realize that you need to reach out for help. Addiction is a chronic disease that is characterized by compulsive use of drugs or alcohol even in the face of negative consequences. For many, long-term recovery is only made possible through intensive therapy and support from treatment professionals.
Some of the signs that an individual would benefit from an addiction treatment program include:
- Using the substance in more significant amounts or over a more extended period than intended
- Struggling with a persistent desire to cut down or control substance use but failing
- Spending a significant amount of time obtaining the substance, using it, or recovering from its effects
- Experiencing cravings or strong desires to use the substance
- Failing to fulfill commitments at work, home, or school due to using the substance
- Experiencing social or interpersonal problems due to substance use
- Giving up social, recreational, or occupational activities
- Repeatedly using the substance in physically hazardous situations
- Continuing to use the substance though it causes or makes persistent physical or psychological problems worse
- Developing a tolerance for the substance, meaning that more is needed to feel the same effect
- Entering withdrawal after going without the substance for an extended amount of time
If the above apply to you or a loved one, an addiction treatment program can be life-changing. At Ethan Crossing of Cleveland, our rehab programs can give you the tools you need for successful recovery.