Relapse is sometimes a part of the addiction recovery process. Not everyone relapses, but it is a high risk, especially if you do not recognize the relapse warning signs early. An alcohol addiction treatment program can offer support if you are at risk for relapse. At Ethan Crossing of Cleveland, we encourage you to reach out for help as soon as you need it. Understanding common relapse warning signs can help you maintain sobriety.
What Are the Signs of Addiction Relapse?
The most important thing to recognize is a change in the way you feel or think. If you need help, a substance abuse treatment center can provide you with the guidance you need immediately. Some of the most common warning signs include the following.
- Thinking about using again. You may start thinking about using more frequently.
- Reminiscing about previous drug use and experiences and while thinking positively of those experiences.
- Engaging in high-risk behaviors even if they are not related to drug or alcohol use, such as unprotected sex, driving recklessly, or otherwise putting yourself at risk to fee a rush or “high” from the experience.
- Spending time with people you used to use with, especially when you are visiting the same locations where you used to use drugs or alcohol.
- Feeling high-stress levels without anything helping you to cope, especially when you feel like nothing is working to make it easier like drug or alcohol use did.
Look for a change in mental health. Some people begin to experience more depression and anxiety. Others start thinking about past traumas or overdoses again. While during rehab, you may feel like these experiences were horrible and nothing you want to do again. During recovery, relapse may occur when you start looking back and feeling a longing for that experience again.
How to Maintain Your SObriety
Another way to consider the relapse warning signs is to consider how well you are doing maintaining your health and staying sober. During your treatment at a substance abuse treatment center, you may have learned about the importance of taking care of yourself. That includes eating well, sleeping consistently, and keeping up with hygiene. You may also find yourself struggling with staying active. The more time you have without tasks to complete, the more risk there is for relapse to occur.
If you are feeling like you’re slipping from your goals or no longer are paying attention to your triggers, it’s time to seek out additional help and support. This type of support can help you avoid the onset of relapse if you reach out for it soon enough.
How Addiction Treatment Center Can Help
If you’re at risk for relapse, it’s always a good idea to turn to an alcohol rehab center in Cleveland, Ohio, and simply ask for help. At Ethan Crossing of Cleveland, we’re here to help you with comprehensive counseling and support if you’re at risk for using drugs or alcohol again. Even if you’re just unsteady or feeling at risk – call and get into treatment.
If you are already using or you’re at risk for it, call us to discuss the type of treatment we can offer to you. Some of our drug addiction treatment programs that may help you include:
- Drug and alcohol detox programs
- Residential treatment programs
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intense outpatient program
- Outpatient treatment program
Reach Out for Help at Ethan Crossing of Cleveland
If you recognize the relapse warning signs in yourself or a loved one, take action. Don’t wait to get help. Our team at Ethan Crossing of Cleveland can provide comprehensive support and guidance to you. Learn more when you call our team at 855.967.2436 or reach out to us online for support.