If you or a loved one have been struggling with alcohol addiction, you need to go for alcohol detox. Although many know the danger of substance abuse, they find it difficult to stop. To put their life on the right track, alcohol detox is a major step in their quest to quit alcoholism.
What is Alcohol Detox?
Alcohol detox is the complete removal of alcohol from the body after the body has chemically gotten used to regular alcohol intake. Alcohol detox is very useful in helping clients get through withdrawal symptoms when they are trying to quit drinking.
Many people who are dependent on alcohol get withdrawal symptoms whenever they stop drinking. Some of these symptoms include depression, anxiety, hallucinations, insomnia, unstable changes in blood pressure and heart rate, sweating, nausea, mood swing, poor appetite, weakness, fevers, shakiness in hands, and even death.
However, withdrawal symptoms often subside in the first one to two weeks after a client starts detoxing, although this period could be extended further, depending on the severity level of the alcohol use disorder (AUD).
The basic alcohol detox process involves:
- Intake: At this stage, those in the medical team comprehensively review the client’s histories (drug and medical history) to know their current situation fully.
- Medication: Here, co-occurring disorders and general discomfort are the targets.
- Stabilization: The clients are helped to reach a balanced state of mind and body through medical and psychological therapies.
What Can an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program Do for You?
Our substance abuse treatment center at Ethan Crossing Cleveland can do the following for you:
- It will help the client’s brain and body to function correctly without needing alcohol.
- Alcohol abuse often results in obesity. Our alcohol rehab program will make you lose excess weight. After all, alcohol contains a lot of empty calories. Alcohol detox, therefore, will help to cut calories from your diet.
- Greatly prevent the risk of addiction.
- It will make your mental health stable. Although physical addiction is sometimes manageable, a psychological one is hazardous and overwhelming. The good news is that our alcohol detox program will stabilize your mental health by providing psychological support.
- It will make you look healthier. Most people who abuse alcohol always have skin suffer from adverse effects like dehydration, inflammation, and jaundice. Ethan Crossing’s alcohol detox program will help to restore elasticity to the skin, thereby making it healthier and better-looking.
- Better sleep. Alcohol abuse interferes with your sleep-wake cycle, making it difficult for you to stay asleep most nights. With our alcohol detox program, get ready to get back to your sleeping ways.
- Perhaps the most important benefit of the alcohol detox program at our alcohol addiction treatment center is that it improves your immunity. Excess alcohol in the body hinders the production of enough white blood cells from fighting germs and bacteria. This is the main reason why most abusers of alcohol suffer from tuberculosis and pneumonia.
Our alcohol detox increases your body’s ability to produce white blood cells that ward off germs and bacteria, thereby boosting your immunity.
Learn More About Ethan Crossing Cleveland’s Alcohol Detox Center
Although alcohol detox won’t end alcohol addiction on its own, it’s the first major step in ensuring you overcome your battle against alcohol abuse. Some of the other addiction treatment programs we offer include:
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Men’s Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Residential Treatment Program
- Women’s Rehab
To learn more about what you will benefit from our alcohol detox program, contact us using our secure online form or call us at 855.967.2436 today.